The Minister for Education and Skills, Richard Bruton and Paul Flynn, along with an expert judging panel, today launched the Irish Early Career Awards 2016 and are urging employers and young professionals to leap into action this August to nominate an Irish Early Career Achiever.
The Irish Early Career Awards celebrate excellence and recognises the achievements of outstanding young professionals in Ireland under the age of 35 and ultimately rewards exceptional achievement and contribution across a broad range of professional services sectors.
The winners of the Irish Early Career Awards will be announced on Wednesday, 9th November 2016 at a gala event taking place at the National Gallery in Dublin.
Speaking at the launch of the Irish Early Career Awards, Minister for Education and Skills, Richard Bruton said, "I believe that we should always aim to support, encourage and celebrate innovation and excellence within the workplace. The Irish Early Career Awards will recognise and celebrate talent and innovation coming from young people. The competition will also give recognition to the organisations in which they work. I would like to wish all those who enter the awards the very best of luck."
Nominations are now open across ten categories comprising:
• HR Professional of the Year
• Accountant of the Year
• Banking Professional of the Year
• Financial Services Professional of the Year
• Information Technology Professional of the Year
• Lawyer of the Year
• PR & Marketing Professional of the Year
• Consulting & Advisory Professional of the Year
• Best in Learning & Development
• Overall Early Career Professional of the Year
• Paul Flynn, Commercial Director Lincoln Recruitment and Dublin GAA Football Player
The awards are judged by a panel of experts representing top global and Irish companies and leading organisations across Ireland. These include:
• Lawrence Hickey, Chief Financial Officer, Digicel Group Limited
• Orla Coughlan, Chief Human Resources Officer, eir
• Brian Corish, Chief Customer Officer, Bank of Ireland
• Shay Dalton, Managing Director, Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
• Nikki Lannen, CEO, Warducks
• Myles Lynch, Vice President, Executive Partner and Part Time Associate with Gartner
The awards are sponsored by Lincoln Recruitment Specialists and Bank of Ireland.