Technology Ireland, the Ibec group that represents the technology sector, yesterday launched the 27th Annual Technology Ireland Industry Awards. The Technology Ireland Industry Awards are designed to honour the best and brightest of Ireland’s technology companies.
Now in their 27th year, the awards recognises and celebrates those companies who have achieved exceptional success and developed innovative digital technologies, across eight award categories.
Last year saw the introduction of a new award category, ‘’Women in Technology – Company Award’’ that recognises where a tech company had demonstrated a strong commitment to attracting, retaining and developing women across its workforce. This award led to the development of the ‘Business for Digital Tech Women’ initiative which was launched earlier this year. Business for Digital Tech Women has the ambitious aim of accelerating national action on gender balance, across businesses which employ ICT workers.
The awards are supported by platinum sponsor EY Ireland gold sponsors Bank of Ireland, Enterprise Ireland and Workhuman. The awards will take place in The Round Room at the Mansion House in Dublin on 22 November 2019 and will be attended by 500 leading influencers and decision makers in the digital and software technology sector.
The 8 categories are:
· Digital Technology Company of the Year
· Emerging Technology Company of the Year
· Technology Innovation of the Year
· Outstanding Achievement in International Growth
· Digital Technology Services Project of the Year
· Women in Technology Company Award
· Excellence in Talent Development Award
· Outstanding Academic Achievement of the Year