The Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Darragh O’Brien TD, today announced €430 million in funding for eight regeneration projects in Dublin. The projects are being funded under ‘Call 2’ of the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund (URDF).
The URDF part-funds projects aimed at enhancing urban areas to make them more attractive places in which to live, work, visit and invest. Dublin’s four local authorities, which will deliver these multi-annual projects, will receive this funding.
The projects announced today will augment the existing pipeline of 87 URDF-supported projects for which just under €300 million has been allocated. Details of the provisional funding allocations for URDF projects in the eight other Project Ireland 2040 investment regions will be announced in the coming weeks.
The eight projects for which URDF support has been approved are:
· North Inner City Concept Area 1 (Dublin City Council) - €121.3 million
· South Inner City Concept Area 2 (Dublin City Council) - €53 million
· Cherrywood Public Access, Permeability and Amenity (Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council) - €40.4 million
· Dundrum Community, Cultural and Civic Hub (Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council) - €4 million
· Balbriggan Rejuvenation (Fingal County Council) - €25.4 million
· Dunsink Feasibility Study - Transportation and Surface Water Assessments (Fingal County Council) - €41,250
· Clonburris - supplementary strategic infrastructure for the Strategic Development Zone (South Dublin County Council) - €176.6 million
· Adamstown - supplementary strategic infrastructure for the Strategic Development Zone (South Dublin County Council) - €9.7 million
Announcing the provisional allocations this morning, Minister O’Brien said, "This funding will support projects that will enhance the quality of life for many people. The projects are all about making these areas more attractive places in which to live, work, visit and invest. In that context, this funding will be a catalyst for regeneration, development and growth. The funding I am announcing today will also provide much-needed economic stimulus and job creation as our economy emerges from the depths of the pandemic."